Tuesday, December 25, 2012

12th day of Christmas- Meaning

Day 12! the meaning of Christmas song


12 days of Christmas! is the time between Dec 25-Jan 6th


Day #2
It's the twelve days of Christmas approaching...and remember this song~

The Twelve Days of Christmas (12 Days of Christmas)


On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

If we start with the first day of Christmas in Religious symbolism it means  True Love refers to God..."On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me, a partridge in a pear tree"

Let's remember Love and the meaning of true love...God's love....
In this last two weeks of busy, distracting, and last minute gift shopping think about the 12 days of Christmas lyrics and what is the symbolism behind each day and let our hearts be open to those we love and care around us...

If we start with the second day of Christmas in Religious symbolism it means The two turtledoves are the Old and New Testaments.

On the third day of Christmas my true love game to me : three french hens (referring to Faith, Hope, and Charity the Theological Virtues)

The fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Four Calling Birds....(Four Gospels and/or the Four Evangelists)

On the Fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Five Golden Rings..( which is the first Five Books of the Old Testament, the "Pentateuch", which gives the history of man's fall from grace.)

On the Sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Six Geese a Laying (refers to the six days of creation)
The Seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Swans A-swimming (refers to the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, the seven sacraments)


On the Eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Eight maids a milking (refers to the eight beatitudes)

The Ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: nine ladies dancing (refers to the nine Fruits of the Holy Spirit)

Then on the 10th day of Christmas my true love sent to me: ten Lords A-leaping (refers to the ten commandments)

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love sent to me: eleven pipers piping (refers to the eleven faithful apostles)

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Drummers Drumming( refers to the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed)

May you all remember what Christmas is all about!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

I shall do each day until Christmas with the symbolism and meaning behind each day of Christmas..enjoy and please share your kindness towards others this holiday season.

Annette
The Blooming Corner
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thebloomingcornercom
or www.thebloomingcorner.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment